Shopping for a Car with Challenged Credit
Just about everyone needs financing to buy a car. If your credit is weak or limited, consider turning to Citrus Kia. You can also drive your car off the lot the same day, because we can move quickly through the financing process and get you out the door.
Just because you think your credit is bad doesn’t necessarily mean it is. Many people end up at a "buy here pay here" car lot just because they think their credit is worse than it actually is. Do yourself a favor and get copies of your credit reports. Check Credit Karma and dispute any derogatory items or mistakes.
Questions to Ask
If you think that financing a car when you have credit challenges is hard, you're wrong. In fact, it's much easier than you think. Asking the right questions ensures that you know what you're getting into.
- What type of cars am I qualified for?
- What is my interest rate?
- Is there gap insurance, and do I need it?
- Can I still get a vehicle without a down payment?
- What is the actual price I'm paying for the car?
- Can I look at new or should I be looking at pre-owned?
What to Bring
- Proof of income (2 of your most recent pay check stubs, and/or 3 most recent bank statements) On a fixed income? Social security? Pension? Child Support? Retirement? Bring your "award letter" that says how much income you will have per month.
- Proof of residence (utility bill such as your power, phone, cable, ect. This must be the actual statement they mailed you. It needs to show your name and address. It must be less than 30 days old and not show that you are "past due".
- References (6 people you know. None of the references you provide may live at the same address. We will need a first and last name, complete address, and telephone number for each person.
You want to buy a car and we want to sell one. The bank may not require cash down. If they do, we take anything on trade as your cash down! Common items we take in trade are Vintage or Antique Cars, Campers, Motorcycles, RV/Motor homes, Gold, Tractors, Lawn mowers and other Farm Equipment, ATV/Dirt bikes, Jewelry, Watches, trailers of any kind, and we will even trade land!
Consider a trade-in
If you currently own a car, consider trading it in and put the money toward a new ride. In Florida there is a tax advantage. Bring your title and ask about this.